Welcome to the websites and applications of Eurosport Events Limited.
This service is operated by Eurosport Events Limited (“EEL”, “we” or “us”).
Eurosport Events Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 4361881 and VAT number GB 792 1320 40.
Eurosport Events Ltd | Discovery House | 566 Chiswick High Road | W4 5YB London | United Kingdom
Tel: +44 208 811 3000 – Fax: +44 203 681 3250
Designated contact: Laura Bilman, Director of Communications.
We host the Services accessible from URL based on the addresses listed in Appendix 1.
1. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These General Terms and Conditions of Use (“GTCU”) govern your access to, and use of online public communication services published by EEL, i.e. the free EEL sites and applications dedicated to sports information containing editorial, audio, video, multimedia and/or interactive content, and competitions and areas for user contributions (comments, discussion forums, etc.), where applicable (the “Services”), regardless of the receiver terminal and the medium, format and technical means to, in, or by which the Services are made available to you by EEL.
The Services available as of the date of revision of these GTCU are listed in Appendix 1 hereto. The list is indicative only and subject to changes. You understand that Services may be added, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice.
Your access to and use of the Services is conditional on your acceptance of and compliance with these GTCU. By accessing or using the Services, you unconditionally agree to be bound by these GTCU.
We may revise these GTCU at any time, at our sole discretion, in order to adapt them to changes inherent in new media. You can review the most current version of these GTCU by clicking on the dedicated link on our Services. If you disagree with the revised GTCU, you are free to refrain from accessing and using the Services. By continuing to access or use the Services after revisions to these GTCU, you agree to be bound by the revised GTCU.
Specific terms and conditions may apply to certain Services, such as, but without limitation pay-to-use Services, or competitions where applicable. In such case, the specific terms and conditions are supplementary to, and do not exclude the application of, these GTCU.
Minors: Since the Services are intended for a wide public, parents and legal guardians of minor children should monitor and supervise their children’s use of the Services. Minors are not allowed to use the Services without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. In particular, they must obtain such consent before opening a user account.
2. REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED FOR CERTAIN SERVICES
To access and/or use certain Services, you may be required to register for them by filling in the information required by EEL on the registration form.
In such case, you represent and warrant that all information you provide to EEL for the purposes of registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete, and that you will not register, or attempt to log in, under the name of another person.
Once you have correctly filled in and submitted the registration form and your registration has been confirmed by EEL, you will be able to access most of the Services for which registration is required, simply by logging in with your username and password. The registration-based Services to which you will not have access are those which because of their nature, require further information to be provided (e.g. pay-to-use Services, or competitions where applicable).
We recommend that you keep your username and password safe and not share them with anyone because the profile thus created determines the rights and obligations of each user, against whom EEL will pursue remedies in the event of breach of these GTCU.
EEL accounts are meant to be created and used by persons of all ages. However, minors should only create and use an EEL account where they have obtained the consent of their parents or legal guardians and should only use such account under parent/guardian supervision.
EEL reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to deactivate the account or the access rights of any person who breaches these GTCU.
Registration for, or connection to EEL Services via third party services.
Alternatively, you may be permitted to register for, and connect to certain Services or certain features of the Services (e.g. comment areas) using your login from a third party service such as but without limitation, Facebook, Twitter, Google and/or Disqus.
If you wish to access the Services in the above manner, EEL will need to create an account associated with the relevant third party service in order to collect certain information about you. The creation of such an account will be subject to your explicit approval, and the account will be governed by our GTCU and by the terms and conditions of use issued by the relevant third party service. No liability can be incurred by EEL in this respect.
3. PERSONAL DATA AND COOKIES
3.1 Personal Data
EEL is registered as a data controller with the United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
You can access information about you that we hold on our computers in order to object to the processing of such information and/or to have it corrected or deleted.
The simplest way to exercise the above rights is to send us an online request. You can at any time access your Personal Data, change it or have it deleted by logging in to your account with your username and password and clicking on the “My Profile” link where such facilities is available on the relevant EEL website; or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, setting out your request in a manner enabling us to respond effectively to it. If you are unable to access, change or delete your Personal Data by the above procedures, you may make your request by letter to EEL (attention: Legal Department & Communications Director), at the address given in these GTCU.
Your written request should be (i) signed, (ii) accompanied by a photocopy of your passport or other official identity document bearing your signature and (iii) include your reply address. A reply will be sent to you within 2 months from receipt of your request.
- 4. SERVICE CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTYIn order to enable information and valuable content ideas to be shared in the best possible way, we must protect the rights of those who are prepared to share their creations with us.
- 4.1 Our ContentThe content we make available to you on or through our Services belongs to EEL and/or its licensor partners and is protected by intellectual property law under the legislation in force and the applicable international conventions.You are not allowed to reproduce, copy, sell, modify, re-edit, communicate, distribute or use, in any way whatsoever, the content of the Services (including, but not limited to, logos, service marks, trademarks, trade names, photographs, illustrations, videos, articles and associated code and software), in whole or in part, otherwise than as provided for in these GTCU, without our express prior written consent.You may view and use the Services and print out single copies of pages or sections for your own personal, and non-commercial use only.We accept redirect links to the Services, but reserve the right to require their deletion if necessary.You may not frame any of the content of the Services, or incorporate into another website, application, online service or audiovisual service any of the content featured within the Services, whether owned by EEL or its partners.You may privately share certain content by using the share features available via the Services.No other use is permitted without our express prior written consent. To seek such consent, please see the contract form available via “les Services”.
- 4.2 Your contributions We may give you the possibility to react to posts as well as interact with others within the user contribution areas featured on our Services.In such case we encourage you to enrich the content of the Services by posting your reactions to all types of content: articles, online columns, blogs, live chats, comments, etc. These reactions may be in the form of opinions, additional information, suggestions, questions, etc. If you participate, you must do so in a constructive manner respectful of all.You need to be a registered user to access and participate in any corresponding Communities.To enable everyone to exchange views in a free and friendly manner in such communities, you should comply with the principles set out below. Any post not complying with such principles may be deleted by us without further substantiation.
- Be polite and respectfulEveryone is entitled to an opinion but must respect the opinions of others. Avoid losing your temper with, making fun of or attacking any other member of the Eurosport Community.
- Express yourself clearly and legiblyDon’t write in capital letters as this is construed as shouting, and other users could perceive your remarks as aggressive.Don’t use abbreviations, onomatopoeia, excessive punctuation or SMS language in your messages.Avoid posting messages exceeding 1,000 characters.Lastly, bear in mind that careful spelling and grammar make for easier reading.
- Avoid disclosing personal informationOur Services are open online media accessible to all. We therefore recommend that you do not disclose your true identity or make your personal contact details publicly available.
- Abide by the applicable laws and regulations and respect the personal rights of individualsYou are strictly prohibited from submitting any materials:
- that are offensive, rude, aggressive, disrespectful or threatening;
- that are of a pornographic, paedophile or violent nature;
- that by their nature are likely to invade privacy or undermine respect for persons and human dignity, equal rights of men and women or the welfare of children and adolescents;
- that contain third party content that is subject to any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property protections or proprietary rights, including any rights of confidentiality, privacy or publicity, unless you have permission from the third party to post such content;
- that incite racial hatred, discrimination or violence or promote racism, xenophobia, sexism, homophobia or revisionism;
- that are libellous or defamatory;
- that contain viruses or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- that encourage the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
In addition, we reserve the right to delete:
- materials posted for advertising or promotional purposes;
- off-topic messages;
- texts reproduced without citing their source; and
- any hypertext link to a destination that might create liability for us.
You are solely responsible for all materials that you post on the Services and for all activities that occur under your login.
Given the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with the rules of the jurisdiction in which you publish any content whatsoever. Accordingly, you agree to comply with the laws and regulations on content publication that apply in the United Kingdom and in addition, if applicable, those that apply in your country of residence.
As the host of websites featuring user contribution areas, we have no general duty to screen, monitor or edit the content posted by users of those areas. Posts are published immediately, without prior review by us. Consequently, users who find any post injurious, offensive or inappropriate are encouraged to report it to us by clicking on the “Report” link accompanying the post, whereupon we may remove the post and place a temporary or permanent ban on the poster’s account.
The holders of accounts that have been recently created or from which a ban has been lifted have restricted rights in a first stage.
If you consider that a contribution posted by you has been removed without good cause, you can contact us by email at email@example.com
Lastly, if we have removed a contribution posted by you and/or placed a ban on your account, there is no use in trying to get around the situation by re-posting the same contribution or creating serial accounts: any attempted “flooding”, “trolling”, creation of duplicate threads or usurpation of accounts will be systematically blocked.
Animation of the Communities
EEL may make use of accredited journalists and presenters and other suitably qualified persons to enhance the most relevant contributions in the Communities and to answer some of your questions.
If you have any questions about content moderation or the functioning of the Services, or ideas for improvement, or have encountered any problem or wish to make any remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Removal or correction of your contributions at your request
You can at any time ask us to remove or correct one or more of your contributions by sending us an email at email@example.com, specifying the address of the article, the screen name used, the date and time of publication and, where applicable, the desired correction.
By reacting in the user contribution areas, you authorise EEL to publish your contributions within the Services and to use them in the manner described in these GTCU.
As regards any content you decide to transmit by any means to or through the Services, you grant EEL a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce, display, adapt and translate your content, in whole or in part, solely for the purposes of promoting our business and/or the Services.
This licence is granted worldwide, for all forms of exploitation in all media and by all means of dissemination now known or hereafter devised, and for the full legal term of copyright (including any renewals and extensions).
You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.
- 5. LIABILITY AND WARRANTIESGiven the international dimension of the Internet network, we remind you that you must comply with all mandatory and public policy rules applying in your country of residence.Our Services You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Services, including all materials and information obtained via the Services, is at your own risk. EEL will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from, or in connection with your use of the Services.Although we make every effort to offer high-quality, interesting and user-friendly Services, we cannot guarantee user satisfaction.Our Services are made available “as is” without any warranty as to their accessibility, functionality or availability.We do not warrant that the information available on, or accessible from our Services is accurate or error-free, nor that the Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components.We are not responsible for the operation of software downloaded via the Services and cannot be held liable for any technical problems preventing the downloading of such software.If you download material via the Services, you do so at your own risk, and EEL is not liable for any damage to, or loss of data stored on your computer or other receiver terminal. It is your responsibility to take all appropriate measures to protect your hardware, data and software from being affected by any computer viruses circulating via the Internet network.Our liability for breach of any of our obligations under these GTCU is limited to damages for direct, personal and actual loss or damage, to the exclusion of damages for indirect or consequential loss or damage, including, but not limited to, financial loss, business interruption, loss of profit or income, loss of business or loss of data.
Third party services
The providers of third party services offered through the Services are solely responsible for their services and the content thereof. For instance:
- Products supplied and/or services provided by third parties in return for payment: We will have no responsibility or liability in connection with any disputes arising between you and any third party merchants with whom you choose to do business. Such merchants are solely responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations applying to the products and/or services they offer to users of the Services, including, but not limited to, laws and regulations on distance selling; consumer protection; false or misleading advertising; pricing; and product conformity. You should check and comply with the terms and conditions of sale and/or use of the relevant third party products or services.
- Competitions: You can access competitions offered by third parties via our Services. You should check and comply with the rules of each individual competition. EEL will not be involved in any claims, complaints, proceedings or disputes relating to competitions run by third parties.
- Advertisers and external links: the Services may be linked to, or from other websites that are not managed or published by EEL. EEL does not control in any respect any information, products or services offered by such other websites and disclaims all responsibility for their content. For example, users may be able to purchase goods and services via other websites, some of which may be through third party retailers who have links on our Services. Users may also enter into correspondence with or participate in advertising promotions on the Services. EEL in no way endorses these third parties and any such transactions, operations, correspondence with or participation in promotions of third parties, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such matters are solely between the corresponding user and the third party. EEL assumes no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such transaction, operation, correspondence or participation.
- We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties as to the quality, performance or suitability of any goods or services supplied or provided by advertisers on our Services or other services to which we provide a link.
You represent and warrant to EEL that before posting content to any user contribution areas, you will ensure that the content does not violate the applicable law and, in particular:
- does not infringe third party intellectual property rights;
- does not cause harm to individuals or invade their privacy; and
- is not contrary to public policy or morality.
Accordingly, you warrant and represent that you hold all necessary rights and/or permissions from the rights holders, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless EEL More generally, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless EEL from and against any demands, claims, actions and/or awards of damages that may be brought or made against EEL as a result of breach by you of these GTCU and/or any other additional and/or specific terms and conditions of Services that may apply to you.
- 6. JURISDICTION AND GOVERNING LAW These GTCU shall be governed by and construed in accordance with law of the United Kingdom. Any disagreement or dispute that is unable to be resolved amicably shall be referred to the courts of competent jurisdiction.
LIST OF SERVICES PUBLISHED BY EEL
Free sports information sites:
fiawtcc.com and its related language variations
fiaerc.com and its related language variations
fiaetcc.com and its related language variations
fimewc.com and its related language variations
Free mobile applications: fiawtcc.com, fiaerc.com, to the extent accessible on iOS and Android